If you are interested in sharing your time or resources with DVS, there are many ways to make a difference!
- Provide emergency telephone services via our 24-hour Hotline that provides peer support, safety planning, information and referrals
- Assist the Emergency Shelter front desk by greeting visitors, answering Hotline calls and assisting residents
- Accompany a survivor to a court hearing, generally Protection From Abuse hearings
- Facilitate a support group for Shelter residents and non-residents on a variety of domestic violence-related topics
- Provide prevention education activities in local schools, community and faith-based organizations to teach the importance of healthy relationships
- Present at public forums to educate the community on victims’ needs and increase access to services for victims
- Provide children’s activities (e.g. cooking, gardening, tutoring, arts/crafts, health/fitness, local trips) for children residing in the Emergency Shelter
- Serve on a special events committee such as the Annual Evening in Spring Gala
Individuals interested in volunteering must participate in a comprehensive 45-hour volunteer training program before beginning to volunteer. Volunteers must also have three background clearances. Please call 717.299.9677 to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Make a Donation
DVS welcomes in-kind donations of hygiene products, toys, household goods and more. If you would like to make a contribution, please view our current Emergency Shelter Wish List . Call 717-299-9677 for more information and to arrange a donation delivery.
Because of your generous support, DVS is able to provide safe shelter and services to victims at no charge.