Department: Household Stability Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and energetic full-time, Parent Navigator
. The primary role is to focus on the whole person to equip low-income families to overcome poverty and thrive. The person or family being served is the leader, and the Navigator’s role is to serve, support, and guide that leader in reaching greater levels of stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Empower Lancaster and E-schools data system to capture client data and goal planning
- Conduct an assessment via the Strength Matrix to engage person-centered planning and re-assess every three months in order to help identify areas of progress or areas of additional support
- Use person-centered planning model to develop long-term goals and strategy for achieving self-sufficiency
- Provide on-site supportive services to clients where possible in a dignified and respectful manner, and advocate for/assist clients in self-advocacy wherever necessary, especially in other programs in Lancaster’s social service network
- Provide ongoing referrals to social services throughout the city and county as needed, supported by CAPs strong network of regional partners and connections to other local social service agencies
- Provide logistical support to clients through assistance in procuring and maintaining necessary documentation, assistance in completing necessary applications and intakes, and providing ongoing evaluation of eligibility for programs/social services
- Enter and update all relevant data in Empower Lancaster system in a timely and confidential manner.
- Works collaboratively with Program Coordinator to plan and implement student groups, summer programming and program activities
- Participate in team meetings and other meetings as assigned by Program Coordinator to include professional development opportunities
- Develops and maintains a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community to include the school community
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience working in Human Services or similar field
- Experience working with low income families and community services
- Proven track record of maintaining positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to develop a sense of community with staff, program participants and school personnel
- Ability to remain calm and focused in the face of other people’s distress
- Ability to develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community
- Valid driver’s license and must possess vehicle and be able to travel to various locations throughout Lancaster County
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends based on customers’ availability
- Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
« Go back to jobs list