Department: Education & Child Development Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) is seeking a full-time, Family Engagement Specialist who will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and reporting of all group connections, family outreach, resource, and referral work. Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a parent education program that provides developmental information and support to parents of children birth to five years old. PAT helps parents lay a strong foundation for future success.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor degree in education, social work or related field
- Requirement of 2 years clerical work and computer/data base management
- Previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents; required
- Experience working with community services; preferred
- Must successfully complete five day Parents as Teachers certification training
- Must provide satisfactory Pennsylvania Act 33 and Act 34 clearances
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to maintain high level standard of confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bilingual verbal and written skills (Preferred)
- Routine office environment; required to sit for long periods; ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate a minimum of 12 group connections county wide utilizing the PAT Group Connection Planning Guide
- Collect and synthesize data on parental feedback for continued quality improvement processes
- Manage and maintain hard copy personnel files under the guidance of the program manager
- Utilize CaseWorthy system to support PAT staff with monitoring and reporting requirements
- Serve a minimum caseload of 5 families, or as directed by supervisor
- Plan and implement home visits utilizing the PAT curriculum
- Maintain an overall understanding of PAT standards and model implementation
- Complete purchase order requisitions in collaboration with program manager and assistant program manager
- Collaborate with Assistant Program Manager to maximize budget allowances
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list