Director, Domestic Violence Services
Department: Domestic Violence Services
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible Director, for our Domestic Violence Services (DVS). The ideal match will be responsible for the overall administration of CAP’s Domestic Violence Services programs focused on ensuring safety, healing and promoting empowerment of domestic violence survivors and their children. Also fosters communities’ initiatives that promote a future free from violence. Strategically crafts innovative and trauma-informed solutions to better serve clients and build sustainable partnerships across CAP programs as well as external agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and direction of the agency’s DVS 24 Hour Hotline, emergency shelter, children’s program, legal clinic, public education, counseling, and Bridge housing programs.
- Ensures confidentiality in all aspects of DVS services, including interactions with victims, record keeping and reporting.
- Ensures excellent customer service to clients, community organizations, donors, funders, and state agencies.
Supervision / Training
- Directly supervises and provides an annual appraisal on all assigned coordinators and works with Impact Team Leader, the Chief Personnel Officer and CIO on a variety of personnel related issues and actions.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, evaluation, training, and professional development of all DVS staff in accordance with agency personnel policies.
Community Outreach / Advocacy
- Serves as program delegate for PCADV Membership and on at least one PCADV committee/work group and contributes to a variety of advocacy activities in community coalitions.
- Ensures compliance with PCADV and VOCA/PCCD standards and other relevant government regulations.
- Remains current with best practices in the field(s), and applies the ROMA (Results Oriented Management and Accountability) cycle of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for all budgetary functions – in coordination with the (CIO/Controller) and fiscal department – including budget preparation, required reporting, monitoring expenditures, and close out activities.
- Develop Fundraising Plan in conjunction with CIO/CDO, including Special Events.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum: BA in Social Work, Human Services, Public Policy/Administration or related field; Master’s Degree in the same or related fields, strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years directly related experience in human service (of which 3-5 years directly with domestic violence) or governmental program management
- At least 3 years supervisory experience and management of/working in a residential facility. (CAP may accept an equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Occasional travel to CAP locations as well as funders throughout Lancaster and neighboring counties, and infrequent travel to national conferences.
- This opportunity requires a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel throughout Lancaster County.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list