Department: Health & Nutrition Team
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (including occasional evening and weekend hours)
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) is seeking a fulltime Nutrition Educator who will work directly with children within local school districts as well as adults in various locations around Lancaster County. In addition to teaching aspects of nutrition, the successful candidate is responsible for providing support to the community by encouraging and reinforcing client participation in group and nutrition related activities. The Nutrition Education Program is committed to providing education on healthy food choices and promoting positive nutrition-related behaviors through the development and support of public and private partnerships. This opportunity requires a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel throughout Lancaster County.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or Home Economics (with emphasis in nutrition or dietetics) or Registered Nurse
Skills and Experience
- Superior professionalism, customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong teaching skills complemented by working in front of large audiences
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Proven track record of maintaining positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to CAP’s mission and priorities of the Nutrition Education Program (NEP)
- Ability to relate well in a diverse environment where clients are faced with disparate challenges on a daily basis
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level standard of confidentiality
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet web-based applications
- Ability to work evening/weekend hours or hours as assigned
- Will also function as a WIC nutritionist with additional related duties as assigned.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list