Department: Education & Child Development Team
Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and energetic Co-Lead Teacher The selected candidate will be responsible for lesson planning, assessment, family communication and other instructional activities.
- Sets classroom learning environment according to the Creative Curriculum; insures that Health and Safety Checklist, infection control procedures and emergency drills are being implemented
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate instruction strategies to meet general and specific objectives for children
- Implements program philosophy of social emotional development and preventive mental health practices, participating in interventions with Childcare staff
- Assesses developmental level of individual children according to the Developmental Continuum
- In coordination with services area supervisors and staff, provides appropriate level of family services to each family, including social services, mental health services, health services, and disabilities services
- Develop long and short range plans for parent’s participation in their child’s learning experiences
- Attends training/Post notices of upcoming trainings for staff within the local community
- Follows and supervises all Community Action Program/Childcare policies, procedures and systems
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Two years’ work experience related to the care and development of children
- Two years’ work experience in management and/or supervision
- Associate Degree with four years’ working experience related to the care and development of you children
- Four years’ working experience in management and/or supervision
- Willing to work flexible hours and able to attend evening and out of town meetings, as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be able to get down on the floor and work with children
- Ability to communicate with persons of various social/ethnic/economic backgrounds
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list