Department: Education & Child Development Team
Seeking a dynamic, full-time Teacher who will directly support the Lancaster County Head Start program. The successful candidate will implement Lancaster Head Start’s curriculum/educational practices with pre-school age children. Head Start is a high quality program that has been providing Head Start services in Lancaster County since 1967. Lancaster County Head Start offers a multi-site program (including 10 locations spanning Lancaster County) lead by an experienced, professional management team and a well-trained, highly educated staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- 1 year of preschool classroom teaching experience
Skills and Experience
- Integrates and implements curriculum practices with the Pyramid model/program-wide positive behavior support and dual language learners/multicultural practices
- Implements Individualized Education Plans (IEPS) for children with disabilities and positive behavior support plans for children with challenging behavior
- Assesses children’s developmental levels using a variety of assessment tools to plan differentiated and individualized instruction to meet student’s needs
- Ability to interact sensitively, effectively, and professionally with persons of diverse ages, lifestyles and backgrounds (cultural, economic, racial, ethnic or professional)
- Proficient with using data base software
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list