CCIS provides child care subsidies to income-eligible parents/guardians.
Child Care Financial Assistance
CCIS provides child care subsidies to income-eligible parents/guardians with children under the age of 13 if the parents/guardians are working and/or enrolled in training or education programs. In addition, older children (ages 13 to 19) who are developmentally disabled and unable to care for themselves may also qualify for subsidized care. Parents may choose any child care facility that participates in the CCIS program. CCIS pays a portion of the child care cost directly to the child care provider, and parents/guardians are responsible for a co-payment, based on family size and income.
The following table shows the CCIS Income Guidelines based on family size and maximum yearly family income to qualify for child care subsidy (May 2017).
||Maximum Yearly Family Income
Applicants must also meet the following conditions:
- Each adult family member must work at least 20 hours per week, or be enrolled in a state approved training program for at least 10 hours per week and be working at least 10 hours per week.
- The hours of child care must match the parents'/guardians’ hours of work, education or training.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for paying the child care provider the assigned co-payment. This co-payment varies according to income and the number of people in the family. Families only have one co-payment regardless of how many children they have in care.
- Parents/guardians must report all forms of household income including child support, Social Security, public benefits and any other income.
- The Children and Youth Agency handles referrals to the program for foster families. Income documentation is not necessary, but work hours must be validated.
- Teen parents are eligible to enroll and must attend an education program.
- Children are eligible for subsidies from birth up to age 13. However, if the child has been diagnosed as developmentally or physically delayed, he/she may be eligible for care through age 19, pending verification from a licensed physician.
- The availability of CCIS subsidies is based on the availability of program funding. If funding is not available at the time an application is approved, the child will be placed on a waiting list for future funding.