Department: Violence Prevention Team
Hours: M – F (37.5 hours weekly), with flexibility
Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated Staff Attorney for our Domestic Violence Legal Clinic. The ideal match will be responsible for provide legal representation to victims of domestic violence in family law matters under the direct supervision of the Legal Clinic Coordinator and in collaboration with other attorneys. To perform all job functions in a manner that is trauma informed, culturally competent, and consistent with DVSLC mission, values, philosophy and policies.
- Requires Juris Doctor Degree and two years of experience working in legal field.
- Must be admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania.
- Possess excellent leadership skills, organizational abilities, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be calm under stressful situations.
- Self-starter, creative and flexible.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to victims of domestic violence and have the ability to work with people of different ethnic, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Computer literate; can competently operate office equipment.
- Must complete 40 hour training program within 6 months of employment.
- Child Abuse, FBI and PA Criminal Background clearances required to start employment.
- Ability to communicate in English on an advances professional level in legal setting.
- Ability to print, write or type English legibly and accurately.
Skills and Experience
- Provide holistic legal consultations that include recommendation and referrals to address legal and non-legal issues associated with the clients’ needs.
- Provide emergency legal information, consultation and representation to victims of domestic violence in civil legal matters, primarily family law.
- Maintain appropriate files, records and reports according to legal standards and as required by funding sources and the Director.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training and other related functions.
- Maintain Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits as required by the Continuing Legal Education Board.
- Participate in training and networking activities which contribute to an improved understanding of factors which impact representation of victims of DV, such as, PCADV Attorney Network, DVSLC training and other related committees and events, to maintain an expertise in domestic violence.
- Work collaboratively with other clinic staff to address the holistic needs of the clients.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by management.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Qualified candidates may submit a Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list