Department: Health & Nutrition Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) is seeking a full-time, Nutritionist who will be responsible for assessing, identifying and managing the nutritional needs of eligible women, infants and children including prescribing and tailoring supplemental food packages and providing nutrition counseling to various social and economic groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct certification and re-certification interviews with WIC applicants in a timely manner by following a schedule of appointments.
- Determine program eligibility through income verification, hematological testing, anthropometric measurements and dietary assessment.
- Maintain proficiency in HemoCue procedure and pass semi-annual test. Strict adherence to standard precautions.
- Develop and manage individualized care plans that address clients’ nutritional needs.
- Address special needs of high-risk participants using a high risk care plan.
- Prescribe and tailor formula and food packages based on clients’ nutritional needs.
- Apply guided goal setting techniques to provide nutrition education/counseling based on identified nutritional risk.
- Issue food vouchers to clients previously certified, adhering to separation of duties procedure.
- Promote breastfeeding to all participants and maintain a breastfeeding-friendly environment in all clinics.
- Maintain proficiency in breastfeeding promotion/support and pass annual tests.
- Document all information in computer system and participant charts according to policy.
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, dietetics, or home economics (with emphasis in nutrition or dietetics) or RN
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Superior professionalism, customer service and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail/Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze a situation and use critical thinking skills to develop appropriate action plans
- Competent word processing and computer skills
- Ability to function within a team, keeping others informed of information and issues in a clear, concise manner
- Dependable, with excellent attendance and work ethic
- Access to vehicle and ability to travel with little advance notice
- Must be willing to work from all Lancaster County Clinics as assigned on a temporary or permanent basis
- Commitment to CAP’s mission and priorities of WIC
- Ability to work with and relate to various social, economic and ethnic groups
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list