DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE
Department: Violence Prevention Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible Domestic Violence Advocate who will provide empowerment counseling to resident and adult victims of domestic violence. To perform all job functions in a manner that is trauma informed, culturally competent, and consistent with DVSLC mission, values, philosophy and policies.
- Provide trauma informed counseling/advocacy for resident clients. Responsibilities to include; individual advocacy/counseling, group facilitation, and hotline calls
- Meet resident within 24 business hours of coming to shelter and create housing plan within 7 days.
- Assess needs of client and arrange adequate and appropriate referrals for resident clients
- Complete intakes, exits, and answer hotline as needed. Ensure all information gathered at these times is accurate and complete
- Communicate essential information in appropriate logs in accordance with DVS policy and procedures
- Develop service plans and complete all documentation related to providing services to clients
- Provide outreach services to target populations in the community and advocate for domestic violence victims with other agencies and in the community
- Facilitate in-house group on a weekly basis and provide mediation and support during group
- Assist Counseling Coordinator in training of DVS volunteers, interns and new staff.
- Must complete a minimum of 10 hours of Continuing Education per fiscal year
- Must provide Weekend On-Call and Holiday Coverage per DVS policies
- Perform other job-related duties when requested by supervisor
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- At least 2 years working in a social service agency
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred. Bi-Lingual a preferred
- Must have a good understanding of domestic violence, the ability to work with people from different ethnic, racial, socio-economic backgrounds, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must complete mandatory 40 Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training within six months of employment.
- Child Abuse, FBI, and PA Criminal Background clearances required prior to start of employment
- Driver’s license required
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list