Department: Education & Child Development Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a reliable Classroom Behavior Assistant (CBA) to work in our Head Start. Lancaster County Head Start (LCHS) is a multi-site organization that includes 10 locations that span across Lancaster County. We are currently seeking a Classroom Behavior Assistant to aide in the development and implementation of Program-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) and individualized behavioral plans for preschool children.
Education, Work Experience & Requirements:
- Child Development Associate Credential OR will receive credential not later than 1 year after beginning employment in this position and 1 year of experience/preschool classroom
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English; effective communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to lift 25lbs and move 50lbs with the assistance of a wheeled cart.
- Reasonable close and distant visual acuity to conduct classroom observations.
- Ability to negotiate the classroom environment; sit in close proximity of children, participate in activities.
- Ability to respond quickly to children’s safety, for example, a child running from the room.
- Ability to perform office function, such as, sitting and typing.
Skills and Experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follows schedules/daily routines and lesson plans of each classroom where assigned
- Follows all safety and health procedures and systems, i.e. child count system
- Uses positive guidance techniques for children by implementing the Responsive Scale of Discipline
- Uses responsive language with children
Mental Health Services/Universal
- Makes visual supports for individual classrooms and at the center level
- Works in assigned classrooms to support classroom staff and
Mental Health Services/Targeted and Tertiary
- Participates in program pre-service, mandated and ongoing professional development identified by assessment, interest and needs
- Works with all staff to resolve interpersonal problems affecting program operation
- Attends necessary meetings
- Observes CAP and Head Start confidentiality policies
This is a 30 Hour week / CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list