Customer Service Specialist/Enrollment Agent
Department: Household Stability Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and reliable Customer Service Specialist/Enrollment Agent who will be responsible for supporting our enrollment process and customer support to CAP programs.
- High School Diploma; associates degree preferred in human services or related field, or minimum of four years’ experience in customer service environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check (FBI, Criminal, Child Abuse etc.)
- Must be able to pass an employment drug test
- Must be a US Citizen (requirement by the federal government for this position)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for traveling between locations
- Professional demeanor; office appropriate appearance and behavior
- Excellent customer service skills, including problem resolution
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to conduct basic troubleshooting on hardware and software
- Ability to perform the core functions of the enrollment agent
- Flexibility and dependability with the ability to follow instruction and direction
- Sensitive and understanding of individuals facing economic hardship and supporting them with alternative outcomes
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
Skills and Experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as enrollment agent for fingerprinting of job applicants for positions requiring background checks.
- Verify identity of and enroll employee/applicant, scan documents, and capture biometrics using the computer equipment provided in accordance with program requirements
- Transmit applicant information and fingerprints and provide reports to contracting agency as requested.
- Monitor performance to ensure operational requirements and metrics are being met.
- Implement process improvements as needed
- Serve as backup for determining eligibility and enroll eligible individuals in the utility programs CAP administers.
- Provide supportive services to Outreach clients (phone/walk-in), including referrals to and working with other community services to aid clients in receiving benefits.
- Provide information and referral services to elderly Lancaster County residents by conducting home and office visits. Assess and evaluate client needs in order to insure a comprehensive delivery of services.
- Serve as a backup for on site supervision at the senior centers. Assist senior citizens at the center as appropriate.
- Perform reception duties such as phone calls and greeting customers at the CAP Front Desk on an on-call backup basis.
- Maintain accurate records
- With the approval and direction of supervisor, serve as a representative of the Community Action Partnership within the community.
- Gain a working knowledge of the physical, cultural and social environment of the specific area.
- Gain a working knowledge of county, state and federal programs, as well as CAP programs, community service agencies and local resources, and become well acquainted with their representatives.
- Other duties as assigned. (Senior Center Manager coverage included)
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list