Department: Education & Child Development Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a full-time Professional Development Specialist who will serves as a trainer, resource, coach and advisor to the Leadership team supervisors, specialist and direct staff. Lancaster County Head Start offers a multi-site program (including 10 locations spanning Lancaster County) lead by an experienced, professional management team and a well-trained, highly educated staff.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Required:Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or baccalaureate and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE (minimum 18 credit hours), with 3 years’ experience teaching early childhood aged children; or active pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree with 90% course work completed and 5 years’ experience teaching early childhood aged children. Also, 2 years’ experience administering an early childhood program or supervising teachers
- Preferred:Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with 3 years’ experience teaching early childhood children.Experience using adult learning principles, training adults or possessing a PQAS certificate and/or approved CEU provider is advantageous
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English; effective communication skills both orally and written
- Current driver’s license and vehicle availability and ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to write reports and correspondence, speak effectively before groups of clients, employees and community partners
- Ability to use data base software to enter programs data and Microsoft Office programs
- PA Act 33, 34, & FBI clearance
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides targeted, non-evaluative coaching support in classrooms based on a coaching schedule that is established with the teachers and shows respect in keeping scheduled appointments as well as being prepared for each meeting
- Interprets statutes, regulations and Head Start Performance Standards in regards to degree and certification requirements of staff
- Orchestrates recruitment strategies to identify and successfully place highly qualified team members, and recruit young graduates with high potential
- Knowledgeable in PA resources to support pursuit of CDA or post-secondary credential of team members
- Directs the publication and provision of an agency wide instructional-related staff development agenda annually including 4 in-training days for all team members
- Provides on-going coaching to staff to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Directs the publication and provision of an agency wide instructional-related staff development agenda annually including 4 in-service training days for all team members
- Produces reports on available platforms to help review and interpret data being collected
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
« Go back to jobs list