Department: Education & Child Development Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and reliable CAP Child Care: Curriculum Coordinator/Shift Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and coordinating professional development/training needs with community partners as evidenced by staff needs and center data. CAP Child Care is a STAR 4 center serving approximately 100 children. The CAP Child Care Center utilizes Early Head Start CCIS, private pay and Head Start state supplemental assistance program funds to provide high-quality programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education / Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Certificate or
- An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and 2 years of experience teaching preschool age children.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English; effective communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as, performance standards, information memoranda and program guidance; ability to write reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, employees and community partners.
- Ability to use data base software to enter program data and Microsoft Office programs.
- PA Act 33 and 34 clearances; FBI clearances
- Current driver’s license and vehicle available to travel to Head Start sites, home visits and professional development.
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend evening and out-of-town trainings.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences.
- Ability to collaborate working as a team member.
- Reasonable close and distant visual acuity to conduct classroom observations.
- Ability to negotiate the classroom environment; sit in close proximity of children, participate in activities.
- Ability to respond quickly to children’s safety, for example, a child running from the room.
- Ability to perform office function, such as, sitting and typing.
Skills and Experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
Implementation of Curriculum and Classroom Practices:
- Implements Head Start initiatives including; nutrition and healthy choices, school readiness, Pyramid model/program wide positive behavior supports, dual language learners, etc.
- Sets and maintains classroom environments (indoor and outdoor), cares for furniture and other materials and recommends materials for purchase.
- Insures safe and healthy procedures are consistently implemented.
Assessment and Planning:
- Observes (data collection) and documents children’s development in the classroom to be used for assessment in the program database (GOLD).
- Uses various tools to collect data; photos, running records, checklists, artifacts etc.
- Screens all children for developmental delays following the screening and referral system.
- Records screening results into the database (COPA).
- Implements individualized instruction for children with suspected or identified developmental delays.
Mental Health Services:
- Plans and implements preventive mental health practices (Universal Practices) and teaches social emotional skills.
- Implements interventions, such as, Teacher Support Plans and Safety Plans with support from intra/inter agency teams (Program Coordinators, behavior team or Mental Health Consultants).
- Involves families in screening, assessment and referral around mental health concerns.
Family Engagement/Family Services:
- Collaborates with the family advocate to support the family goals established with the family advocate.
- Collaborates with program coordinators, family advocates, policy council representatives and family members to plan and implement evidence-based family engagement practices that reflect the Early Head Start PFCE Framework.
Professionalism and Leadership:
- Follows all Community Action Partnership (CAP) and CAP Child Care policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of curriculum practices and curriculum fidelity using appropriate implementation tools connecting to the school readiness goals.
- Works with program coordinator to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and PA childcare regulations and quality standards.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list