Children’s Program Activities Aide
Department: Violence Prevention Team
Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible Children’s Program Activities Aide to assist with the implementation of psycho-educational groups and therapeutic activities, direct care, supervision and guidance to children.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year relevant experience working with children. Must have genuine concern for the welfare of children and have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have knowledge of state regulation concerning child abuse.
- Must have a basic understanding of how domestic violence affects children.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly, to plan, organize and make decisions.
- Child Abuse, FBI and PA Criminal Background clearances are required. Completion of 40 Domestic Violence Training program required within 6 months of employment.
- Valid PA driver's license required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Able to work part-time/up to 12 hours weekly, Monday – Thursday 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Skills and Experience
- Plan and implement age appropriate enrichment activities for children, parent/child activities, and field trips. Schedule special activities provided by community groups.
- Co-facilitate the trauma and domestic violence informed psycho-educational group program for children residing at DVSLC’s emergency shelter.
- Complete parent intakes and provide parent individual support to resident participants as scheduled.
- Work as a team with and provide guidance for DVSLC’s Children’s Program Volunteers.
- Maintain a safe and clean play area at all times. Responsible for the cleaning of children’s toys, equipment and the Children’s Wing.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as requested by immediate supervisor and complete a minimum of 10 hours of training annually as per agency training requirement.
- Provide transportation for participants and/or their children for DVS program activities.
- Assist in distributing donations and with DVSLC’s Holiday Gift Project.
- Provide shift coverage for holidays and on-call coverage as required.
- Assist with special projects and activities and perform other work related duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list