Department: Education & Child Development Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and energetic Classroom Aide who will assists in providing a welcoming environment for families. Models enthusiasm and promotes parent/child activities. Follows and participates in curriculum practices in accordance with program guidelines and Head Start initiatives (obesity prevention, school readiness, family literacy, Pyramid model/program-wide positive behavior support, dual language learners/multicultural practices, fatherhood initiative). The successful candidate will follow preventive mental health practices and teaches social emotional skills; implements interventions with support from intra/inter agency teams. LCHS is a high quality program that has been providing Head Start services in Lancaster County since 1967. Lancaster County Head Start offers a multi-site program (including 10 locations spanning Lancaster County) lead by an experienced, professional management team and a well-trained, highly educated staff.
- High school diploma or GED; OR will receive diploma not later than 180 days after beginning employment in this position
- Desire for professional growth in an early childhood setting
Skills and Experience
- Participates in individualized instruction for children with disabilities and individual needs
- Assists in providing a welcoming environment for families. Models enthusiasm and promotes parent/child activities
- Maintains parent/staff rapport and mutual confidence and trust with classroom team
- Works with Regional Manager to insure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, service area work programs, PA childcare regulations and quality standards, and curriculum fidelity, using appropriate implementation tools
- Participates in program pre-service, mandated and ongoing professional development identified by assessment, interest and needs
- Develops own professional development plan
- Works with all staff to resolve interpersonal problems affecting program operation
- Observes CAP and Head Start confidentiality policies
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list