Outreach/Utility Assistance Specialist
Department: Household Stability Team
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (role requires flexibility, some evening / weekend hours)
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated Outreach/Utility Assistance Specialist. Successful candidate will be responsible for determining eligibility and enrolling eligible individuals in the utility programs in addition to, providing information and referral services to elderly Lancaster County residents by conducting home and office visits. Assess and evaluate client needs in order to insure a comprehensive delivery of services.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or a minimum of four years of experience working in a case management environment.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs to include Microsoft Office and experience with data entry is required as core function of the role.
- Must have good understanding of and empathy for the issues low income individuals and families face and must have the ability to communicate and establish relationships with individuals of all ages, races, ethnicities and socio-economic groups.
Use of an automobile and valid driver’s license is required.
Skills and Experience
- Determine eligibility and enroll eligible individuals in the utility programs.
- Provide supportive services to clients (phone/walk-in), including referrals to and working with other community services to aid clients in receiving benefits.
- Phone calls, paperwork, recordkeeping and other office tasks.
- Maintain accurate records as required by each Outreach/Utility Assistance program.
- Ability to work independently in county satellite office; maintain the daily operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other community organization s to support the needs of clients.
- Gain a working knowledge of the physical, cultural and social environment of the specific area.
- Gain a working knowledge of County, state and federal programs, as well as CAP programs, community service agencies and local resources, and become well acquainted with their representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
« Go back to jobs list